International Advisory Board (IAB) site visit
On March 13-15, 2019, the SciLifeLab International Advisory Board (IAB) will visit SciLifeLab as part of their third round of assessing our operations. We are excited to welcome this group of distinguished guests – on a mission to once again give valuable advice on how SciLifeLab can successfully develop even further.
Beforehand, the IAB members have received a comprehensive report of all the facts and figures of our center. During the site visit, they will listen to presentations from infrastructure platforms and members of our research community, and interact with an array of constellations, from rectors to PhD students.
The reflections and recommendations given by the international experienced top-level scientists and science leaders of the IAB will provide helpful guidance for the Management Group and the National Board when deciding on the long-term direction of SciLifeLab.
The IAB site visit will be held in Stockholm on March 14, and in Uppsala on March 15.
Members of the International Advisory Board
- Jan Ellenberg, Chair (EMBL Heidelberg, Germany)
- Sören Brunak (Technical University of Denmark, Denmark)
- Yoshihide Hayashizaki (RIKEN Omics Science Center, Japan)
- Sirpa Jalkanen (University of Turku, Finland)
- Janet Jansson (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA)
- Jonathan Knowles (FIMM, University of Helsinki, Finland)
- Svante Pääbo (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Germany)
- Aviv Regev (Broad Institute, MIT, USA) will not be present during the visit
- Sarah Teichmann (Wellcome Sanger Institute, UK)
- Jo Bury (VIB, Belgium)
More information: International Advisory Board – member biographies.