SciLifeLab-DAY August 23rd
SciLifeLab Uppsala has a tradition of biannual meetings. We welcome anyone working in the field of life science that wants to learn more about SciLifeLab and the research presented during the day.
We are pleased to announce the following speakers:
- Functional genomics enabled by integrated DNA synthesis and sequencing,Tarjei Mikkelsen, Broad Institute
- Zebrafish models in projects targeting human diseases, Johan Ledin, Uppsala University
- Human evolutionary history and adaptation in Africa, Mattias Jakobsson, Uppsala University
- Evolutionary biology and the genomics of flycatcher speciation, Anna Qvarnström and Hans Ellegren, Uppsala University
- Genome evolution in the endosymbiotic bacterium Wolbachia, Lisa Klasson, Uppsala University
- Whole genome resequencing reveals genes important for dog domestication,Erik Axelsson, Uppsala University
- GM crops in Europe: a case where science has taken a backseat, Torbjörn Fagerström, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Frontiers in molecular epidemiology, Erik Ingelsson, Karolinska Institutet
Mini Symposium: Infectious disease and its relation to antibiotic resistance
- Antibiotic resistance in a global perspective, Anna Zorzet, ReAct
- Zoonotic infections in a global setting, Susanna Sternberg–Lewerin, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- The need for new effective antibiotics – Collaboration for Innovation, Otto Cars, ReAct
For the first time we will include a 2 hrs poster session where we welcome YOU to present your research on a poster. The poster abstract should be submitted in the registration form. When you have submitted your poster abstract you will be contacted for further information. The poster size should be max 100 cm (width) and 140 cm (height).
We still have room for more posters! Deadline for submitting a poster abstract is August 15th. 60 abstracts will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. When you have submitted your abstract you will be contacted for further information.
Registration deadline is August 15th
The SciLifeLab-DAY is free of charge, but if you fail to notify us of your cancellation before August 20th and you do not attend the SciLifeLab-DAY, you will be charged a fee of 500 SEK. Registration is binding.
If you have any questions regarding this meeting you are very welcome to contact us at email@example.com