BioMaterial Interactions (BioMat)Regional facility of national interest
BioMaterial Interactions facility provides access to analytical techniques and scientific support to decode protein, cell and tissue response in relation to biomaterial properties. Biomaterials have wide-ranging applications in modern healthcare including diagnostics, medical devices, tissue regeneration tools, and advanced drug delivery systems. The BioMat facility aims to foster their use across the scientific community.
Support. Access to scientific support for bioengineering, stem cell research, biomechanics, and drug delivery applications, as well as state-of-the-art instruments
- Stem cell research in relation to the influence of the matrix
- Disease-related research, e.g. inflammation, cancer, diabetes
- Orthopedics and dentistry
- Drug delivery and development of drug devices
- Minimal invasive therapies
- Cardiovascular research
- Skin repair devices (artificial tissue)
- Extra corporal blood treatment research
- Cell lab.
- Malvern, Zetasizer Nano ZS particle size/zeta potential-meter (DLS).
- Micromeretics, AccyPyc 1340 laboratory density meter (He pycnometry).
- Scanning electron microscopes (SEM). SEM/EDS - LEO 440, SEM/ EDS - Zeiss 1550, SEM/EDS - Zeiss DSM 960A
- TA Instruments AR 2000 Rheometer.
- TA Instruments DSC Q1000 Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC).
- TA Instruments TGA Q500 Thermogravimetric Analyzer (TGA).
- UV-VIS Spectrometers (UVVis). Shimadzu, UV-1800, Shimadzu, UV-1650pc
See our related items.