Human Antibody TherapeuticsFacility part of the DDD platform
The Human Antibody Therapeutics facility supports the development of therapeutic antibodies. We will assist by isolating human antibodies from in-house constructed phage libraries to targets as suggested by the partner PI. It will be of critical importance that the partner PI has a substantial know-how of the biological system/target molecule, either from a clinical or basic scientific aspect. The objective is to deliver a reasonable number of candidate clones for further in vivo characterization in collaboration with the partner PI.
Now, in parallel with our normal activities, we are pleased to announce a national call for new proposals to generate human recombinant antibodies. The call is open to both users from academia and industry. Deadline for application is November 1, 2017. Please click below for more detailed information.
- Generation of well-characterized human antibodies for therapy
- Selection and cloning of monoclonal, high affinity human antibody fragments from phage display libraries
- Re-cloning, expression and purification of isolated antibodies as full format Ig molecules
- Initial characterization of the isolated antibodies: DNA/amino acid sequence, binding specificity/selectivity, affinity, stability, aggregation, epitope mapping, etc
- Assessment of function and biological potency of the antibodies using in vitro assays
- Consulting at the pre-proposal stage with potential partner PIs on project design etc.
- Collaborate in the design of relevant assays for biological potency of the antibodies, and in designing proof-of-concept studies
- Highly diverse naive human antibody phage libraries
- Pro- and eukaryotic cell culture laboratories
- Protein purification systems
- Automated liquid handling robotic stations
- Equipment for protein characterization, including SPR instrument, isothermal calorimeter, ELISA work station, iQue Plus flow cytometer and more