PhD student for SciLifeLab’s RCP Human Developmental Cell Atlas Project
Third-cycle subject: Biotechnology
We are looking for a PhD-student for a project aimed to develop and apply antibody-based, multiplexed imaging tools to build high-dimensional protein maps of human cells and tissues. The project focuses on development of protocols for in-house creation and validation of organelle, cell type- and organ-specific DNA-barcoded antibody panels and their application to build spatial maps of adult, as well as embyonic, human organs. The position may include work with cell cultivation, tissue preparation, antibody-based assays,highly-multiplexed microscopy and computational image analysis.
This work will be performed under the supervision of Prof. Emma Lundberg in close collaboration with the Human Protein Atlas project (www.proteinatlas.org) and the Cell Profiling team consisting of 15 research engineers, PhD-students, postdocs and researchers. The placement will be at Science for Life Laboratory (http://www.scilifelab.se), a national center for molecular biosciences with focus on health and environmental research.
What we offer
- The possibility to study in a dynamic international research environment in close cooperation with industries and advanced universities the world over.
- Life-long network through KTH’s Alumni organization.
- A personal study plan to support your development within your areas of interest.
- A workplace with many employee benefits and monthly salary according to KTH’s doctoral student salary agreement.
- Work and study in Stockholm, one of Europe´s fastest growing capitals, which is close to both nature and the sea.
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- Work in close collaboration with one of the largest biological databases in the world, the Human Protein Atlas, as well as the Human Developmental Cell Atlas project.
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 § Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- passed a degree at advanced level,
- completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or
- in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
In order to succeed as an doctoral student at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. In the selection of the applicants, the following will be assessed:
- ability to independently pursue his or hers work,
- ability to collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach and
- analyse and work with complex issues.
- laboratory experience with the techniques listed above are meriting, as are programming skills.
- good communication skills in English (oral and written)
Target degree: Doctoral Degree
Information regarding admission and employment
Only those who are or have been admitted to third-cycle studies may be employed as a doctoral student. The term of the initial contract may not exceed one year and may thereafter be extended. Doctoral students may engage in teaching, research, and administration corresponding to a maximum of 20 % of a full-time position.
Apply for the position and admission through KTH’s recruitment system. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.
Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/entral European Summer Time).
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
|Type of employment:||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type:||Full time|
|First day of employment:||According to the agreement|
|Salary:||Monthly salary according to KTH’s doctoral student salary agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Contact:||Emma Lundberg, email@example.com|
|Last application date:||16.May.2019 11:59 PM CET|