The National Genomics Infrastructure (NGI, https://ngisweden.scilifelab.se/about) is the largest technological platform at SciLifeLab. It is a national resource that offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure for massively parallel DNA sequencing and SNP genotyping, available to researchers all over Sweden. We hope to enable world leading research by enabling access to cutting edge genomics technologies, in addition to providing guidelines and support for sample collection, study design, protocol selection and bioinformatics analysis.
We are looking for a bioinformatician/system developer to join our production team. The candidate will work with quality control of data, running analysis pipelines and delivery of sequence data. Additionally, there will be tasks involving the development and maintenance of informatics solutions that handle the production’s internal data flow. The time spent on different tasks will depend heavily on the applicant’s experience.
Typical duties include:
- Quality control and delivery of sequence data
- Analysis of sequence data according to “best-practice” protocols and also interpret and evaluate analysis results
- System administration of core IT systems
- Coordination of software deployments and maintenance of analysis servers
- Automation of data transfers and analysis pipelines
- Maintenance and development of internal information databases
- Answer support issues and communicate with external users
- Visualizations of processes and results.
- Degree in Bioinformatics or Computer Science/System Development, or equivalent competence
- Excellent programming skills. Experience with either Python, Perl, Java or C/C++
- Experience with version control software, such as git
- Experience of using Linux/UNIX systems.
- Experience in bioinformatics, sequencing and working with large volumes of data (e.g. NGS data)
- Experience in using computational clusters (HPC and/or Cloud)
- Experience in web application development and database administration
- Experience of using LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems).
Applicants must have strong communication and collaboration skills, with excellent knowledge in English, both written and spoken.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time, indefinite-term position at Stockholm University with a six-month trial period. Start date immediately or as per agreement.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Pär Lundin, email@example.com.