The National Genomics Infrastructure (NGI) platform at Science for Life Laboratory is a national resource that offers large-scale sequencing and analysis of sequencing data to partners. The position is administered by the department of gene technology at the school of chemistry, biotechnology and health (CBH).
We are now looking for a person to be responsible for development for NGI Stockholm. The development team looks at new methods, kits, instruments and applications, trouble-shoots larger problems with existing methods and instruments.
Key tasks are to translate strategic goals into the daily operations, responsibility for developing and validating new protocols and processes – including informatic solutions – for NGI Stockholm users and also in internal development projects. Much time is devoted to meeting with possible collaborating partners, including for example individual research groups and sales representatives. In addition the candidate is expected to participate in outreach activities and aid in report and application writing. The role also includes personnel responsibility for the development team. The candidate will also participate in management team meetings.
Depending on the candidate, the following tasks may also be relevant:
• Outreach – representing NGI Stockholm, for example through presentations, organization of scientific meetings, information on the website.
• Strategic partnerships, membership in consortium and writing applications to external financiers.
• Strategic investments, including meetings with representatives of suppliers, negotiations, procurement and beta testing programs.
Doctoral degree with experience of genomics, molecular biology and bioinformatics or equivalent experience. Experience of Next Generation Sequencing.
It is meriting if you have:
• Previous experience of and skills in service or research support
• Previous experience of and skills in teaching and presentation techniques
• Previous experience of working with LIMS systems
• Previous experience of management
• Experience working with large amounts of data (eg NGS data)
We are looking for a organized and analytical leader with great leadership skills.
You are service minded and have excellent communication- and collaboration skills.
You have no problems with expressing yourself fluently in written and spoken English.
We put great importance to personal qualities when recruiting.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
More information and application form on the KTH Royal Insitute of Technology website: