Postdoc in bioinformatics for Precision Medicine
The successful applicant is expected to have a doctoral degree in the fields of bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology or systems biology. The applicant should be self-driven and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in spoken and written English to match our dynamic, international, multidisciplinary and collaborative team.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to work in a leading research environment for high-throughput, systems medicine research, in close collaboration with bioinformatic experts and data scientists from all the SciLifeLab host universities. The tasks for this position involves development of a bioinformatic team effort to analyze multi-omics, systems medicine data. In a wellness study, individuals have been monitored longitudinally with repeated sampling to obtain multi-omics profiles, wearable technology data, lifestyle questionnaires and other laboratory tests. The position also involves the development of bioinformatic solution for drug testing data that will help scientists, drug developers, clinicians and eventually cancer patients.
In particular, the person will be involved in:
- Experimental design, data analysis, integration and interpretation
- Implement analytical strategies and method development to answer specific biological questions, in the context of multi-omic data integration and precision medicine.
- Collaboration to team efforts
- Presentation of results, production of progress reports, and manuscripts
- Participation to meetings and scientific conferences
Desired qualification and experience:
- PhD in the fields of Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology
- Strong data analysis skills and experience with multi-omics datasets (transcriptomics, proteomics, genomics, epigenomics, metabolomics), and expertise in relevant bioinformatics data analysis pipelines
- Experience in working in a Linux environment and knowledge of R and Python are required.
- Experience with statistical methods
- Ability to learn new programming languages when required
- Experience with Shiny and motivation to develop web-based interactive tools is beneficial
Application process, salary and contract
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system at the following link: https://ki.mynetworkglobal.com/en/what:job/jobID:214021/
The salary is defined according to the KI salary system. The project is initially for two years but starts with a one-year contract, with good possibilities of extension. Preferred start date as soon as possible.
The research group Olli Kallioniemi. This position is in the research group of Olli Kallioniemi, Director of Science for Life Laboratory, Professor of Molecular Precision Medicine at the Dept. Oncology and Pathology, Karolinska Institutet. Our group carries out systems medicine research, aiming to understand the etiology, molecular mechanisms, biomarkers and therapeutics of disease in an individualized manner. The research group works in close collaboration with clinicians and bioinformatics experts as well as with the high-throughput and -omics platforms at SciLifeLab. For more information: https://ki.se/en/onkpat/olli-kallioniemis-group