Research engineer in large-scale sequencing and Spatial Transcriptomics
KTH Royal Insitute of Technology
The employment applies to a position at the Genomics Production team, which is a part of NGI – Stockholm (National Genomics Infrastructure – Stockholm) located at SciLifeLab in Solna. The advertised position is linked to the School of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health (CBH) at KTH.
SciLifeLab (http://www.scilifelab.se) is a national center for large-scale life science research with an advanced technological infrastructure. At SciLifeLab, multidisciplinary research is carried out based on DNA sequencing, gene expression analysis, proteomics, bioinformatics, biostatistics and system biology. The goal is to enable Swedish researchers to analyze genes, transcripts and proteins in different organisms in order to map molecular mechanisms related to health and the environment. Examples of thematic research areas that are currently being processed within SciLifeLab are clinical genomics / proteomics, cancer genome and the genomics of complex diseases as well as ecological and environmental genomics.
NGI – Stockholm, Genomics Production provides large-scale sequencing, as well as knowledge of this, to Swedish research groups. The aim is to promote Swedish research and to keep Sweden competitive within the field of genomics. This is achieved by working towards high quality of both data, analyzes and service.
We are looking for a research engineer for our production team to not only work with both library preparations and quality controls but also Spatial Transcriptomics.
- Quality control incoming samples according to validated routines
- Prepare and quality control libraries for large-scale sequencing according to validated methods
- Check and maintain instruments and methods according to assigned responsibilities
- College degree in molecular biology or similar
- Well acquainted with working in labs
- Able to speak and write English freely
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience of large-scale sequencing like Illumnia, but also other techniques for DNA and RNA analysis
- Experience from service-oriented laboratory operations
- Previous experience with information systems for laboratories and quality assurance (ISO)
We are looking for someone who is quality conscious, responsible and thrives on daily handling and preparation of important samples in a quality-assured laboratory environment to promote research throughout Sweden. The samples are varied and the methods advanced, so some initiative and problem solving is a natural part of the work.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
Position: Fixed term employment for one year, with the possibility of extension. Full time.
Location: SciLifeLab, KTH Campus Solna, Stockhom