Research engineer within operations for large-scale sequencing
The employment applies to a position at the Genomics Production team, which is a part of NGI – Stockholm (National Genomics Infrastructure – Stockholm) located at SciLifeLab in Solna. The advertised position is linked to the School of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health (CBH) at KTH.
NGI – Stockholm, Genomics Production provides large-scale sequencing, as well as knowledge of this, to Swedish research groups. The aim is to promote Swedish research and to keep Sweden competitive within the field of genomics. This is achieved by working towards high quality of both data, analyzes and service.
We are looking for a research engineer for our production team to work with library preparations and quality controls. We are looking for someone who is very careful and responsible and thrives on daily handling and preparation of important samples in a quality-assured laboratory environment to promote research throughout Sweden. The samples are varied and the methods advanced, so some problem solving is a natural part of the work.
· Quality control incoming samples according to validated routines
· Prepare and quality control libraries for large-scale sequencing according to validated methods
· Check and maintain instruments and methods according to assigned responsibilities
This position is a substitute (full-time) for one year.
- Have a college degree in molecular biology or similar
- Be well acquainted with working in labs
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Have experience of large-scale sequencing, especially with Illumina technology, but also other techniques for DNA and RNA analysis.
- Have experience from service-oriented laboratory operations
- Have previous experience with information systems for laboratories and quality assurance (ISO)
- Be able to speak and write English freely
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||2019-04-01 or according to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|