System developer, Data Centre in Solna
SciLifeLab Data Centre is responsible for maximizing the availability and impact of SciLifeLab generated research data, to benefit the whole research community. We have systems and collaborations for data sharing, storage and access control of data, and support our technology platforms with data- and IT services. By providing good IT services and systems, we facilitate a strong research environment where proper data management according to the FAIR principles is front and centre.
This position involves work on our order portal system, and development of new systems for tracking user projects and generated data. These systems will also track the impact of data through scientific articles and data publishing, and link to our publications database and access control systems for sensitive human datasets. For this job, experience with database- and webprogramming is crucial. Experience from working with researchdata in a production environment, and knowledge about how large international researchcenters manage their data, will be helpful but is not required. The job also includes certain support for these systems towards facilities and researchers, so skills in good communication and close cooperation with researchers, technical- and administrative personnel is a strong advantage.
This job requires a university degree in a computer science, bioinformatics or other relevant subject area. In addition is required:
– Documented experience from database- and webprogramming.
– Good skills in documenting work and code.
– Strong communication skills in English.
– Working with other developers in software development projects.
– Experience from projectmanagement.
– Knowledge about IT-security and issues around managing sensitive personal data.
– Experience working with life science-data, for example through own research background, work as a bioinformatician, or software development at a research or service unit in life sciences.
– Ability to work both individually and in cooperation with personnel in widely different fields.
– Drive and initiative to support and develop the IT and data management processes for Swedish scientists.
– Communication skills in Swedish.