System engineer (SciLifeLab Data Centre)
This position is placed at SciLifeLab in Uppsala, but in close cooperation with SciLifeLab in Solna. The successful candidate will be working at the SciLifeLab Data Centre, a newly formed unit with responsibility for IT- and data management issues, serving our technology platforms, their users and Swedish researchers in general. Working at the Data Centre, you will be at the core of Sweden’s top infrastructure for life sciences and have the opportunity to actively shape how state-of-the-art IT services are integrated in Swedish life science research, and help to maximize the scientific impact of the large amount of research data generated at SciLifeLab.
1-2 system engineers to work on development of systems for whole genome sequencing data. These include systems for data from Nordic reference populations, imputation of genetic data, and secure systems for managing controlled access for research data on human samples. SciLifeLab Data Centre promote following principles of Open Science, with openness, transparency and reproducibility for Swedish research data. This position requires close cooperation and good communication with both researchers, technical and administrative personnel. The work is in close collaboration with international partners.
This job requires a university degree in a relevant subject area. In addition is required
- Documented experience from database design and software development
- Documented experiences in bioinformatics, preferably genomics with whole genome sequencing
- Ability to document work and code
- Drive and initiative to support and develop the IT and data management processes for Swedish scientists.
- Ability to work both individually and in cooperation with personnel in widely different fields
- Strong skills in English.
- Personal suitability will be strongly considered for this position.
- Knowledge or interest in biomedical research and infrastructure
- Knowledge or interest in hardware- and software systems used in life science research
- Knowledge in biostatistics and bioinformatic algorithm development
- Experience from project management
- Knowledge about IT security and issues around managing sensitive personal data, in particular genetic data
- Strong skills in Swedish
Salary: According to individual qualifications
Start date: As soon as possible
Form of employment: Permanent position, following six months probationary period
Extent of employment: 100%
For more information contact:
Johan Rung, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46-18-471 4475.
Please submit your application by March 2, 2018. UFV-PA 2017/4866.