National course open for PhD students, postdocs, researchers and other employees in need of RNA-Seq analysis skills within all Swedish universities
Application opens: 2019-09-19
Application closes: 2019-10-20
Confirmation to accepted students: 2019-10-28
Responsible teachers: Dag Ahrén
If you do not receive information according to the above dates please contact: Dag Ahrén; email@example.com
A course fee* of 1300 SEK will be invoiced to accepted participants. This includes lunches, coffee and snacks.
*Please note that NBIS cannot invoice individuals
This workshop will introduce the best practice bioinformatics methods for processing and analyses of RNA-seq data via a series of lectures and computer practicals.
Topics covered will include:
- RNA seq introduction
- RNA seq read mapping programs
- RNA seq QC analysis
- Differential expression analysis
- Gene set enrichment analysis
Required for being able to follow the course and complete the computer exercises
- Basic knowledge in Linux
- Ability to bring your own laptop with R installed for the practical exercises
- Experience working on the SNIC center Uppmax or another HPC. We encourage participants to run Uppmax tutorial before the course
- Experience working with NGS data analysis or completed the NBIS workshop “Introduction to Bioinformatics using NGS data”
- Experience working in R or completed the NBIS course “R Programming Foundations for Life Scientists”
Due to limited space the course can accommodate a maximum of 20 participants. If we receive more applications, participants will be selected based on several criteria. Selection criteria include correct entry requirements, motivation to attend the course as well as gender and geographical balance.
Link to application