Software Carpentry Bootcamp, May 19-20th 2014
- Automating repetitive tasks (command line and shell scripting)
- Basic programming with Python
- Data exploration and visualisation using the IPython Notebook
- Using version control to manage and share information (Git)
Intermediate + Levels workshop content:
- Scientific computing in Python
- Object oriented programming in Python
- Program design
- Collaborating using version control (git)
This workshop track is for you if you are familiar with Python syntax, different data structures and programming paradigms and want to improve your skills in scientific computing and program design.
Both workshop tracks are aimed towards PhD students and Post-docs in genomics, biology, biophysics, biochemistry, proteomics and other related fields.
Konrad Hinsen, Centre de biophysique moleculaire (France)
Nelle Varoquaux, Center of computational biology (France, Paris)
Karin Lagesen, University of Oslo
Lex Nederbragt, University of Oslo
This event is FREE and registrations will be accepted on a “first come, first served” basis.
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the event will result in a fee of 2500 SEK. So please be responsible.
You can get your ticket and update your registration status here: http://www.bioinfo.se/bootcamp
If you have any questions, please contact oxana.sachenkova@scilifelab
To learn more about Software Carpentry bootcamps, have a look at their website: www.software-carpentry.org