Genome Engineering ZebrafishNational facility
The Zebrafish facility provides an infrastructure and individually-
tailored support for projects
utilizing this popular model system for
vertebrate development and disease.
Zebrafish embryos are transparent
and develop outside the mother’s body,
which greatly facilitates manipulation
and imaging of biological processes.
The facility allows researchers to take
advantage of the unique features of the
zebrafish model system, and provides
initial advice on feasibility and experimental
design as well as running
support over the course of the project.
- CRISPR/Cas9 induced loss of function zebrafish line generation in our selection of readout models
- Development and analysis of CRISPR/Cas9 induced disease models
- Possibility to involve specialists at all levels in individual projects
- Access to a well equipped facility
- Embryo and adult fish production
- Project planning/management
- Techniques for reverse and forward genetic experiments, as well as methods to visualize biological processes for extended periods in intact embryos
- Zebrafish caretaking for specific strains
- Weekly meetings, workshops and education
- Fish facility. Including tank systems, fish lines, workstations, incubators and injectors
- Large scale robotic expression analysis Intavis InsituPro Vsi
- Microscopy: Variety of microscopy equipment. Lightsheet microscopy (Zeiss Lightsheet Z.1) in collaboration with BioVis. Follow this link for detailed information on zebrafish applications.
- Development of disease models by introducing mutations in zebrafish genes homologous to human disease genes
- Target validation of candidate genes
- Investigation of gene function in the developing zebrafish
- Imaging of organism development and tissue morphology and function