Protein Expression and CharacterizationNational facility
The Protein Expression and Characterization facility provides recombinant proteins needed for biochemical screening and therapeutic applications as well as antigens for human antibody production using bacterial and mammalian expression systems. The facility also house competence and machinery to characterize purified proteins in detail, like binding, stability, and aggregation tendency.
- Delivery of pharmaceutical target proteins for screening and MOA studies including:.
- Construct design, cloning and expression analysis
- Expression in E.coli, insect cells and transient mammalian cells up to 20L scale
- Purification and biophysical characterisation of proteins
- Expression, purification and characterisation of biopharmaceutical candidates for Proof of Concept and MOA studies.
- qPCR expression analysis.
- Mammalian cells for screening.
- Thermal shift screens (DSF).
- Support in the design of biochemical screening assays.
- Fully equipped lab for protein expression and purification
- Light Cycler 480 II
- Isothermal calorimeter
- Biacore T200
- Liquid handling robot
- Prometheus NT.48 with Backreflection Optics