Facility Forum 2019
Welcome to SciLifeLab Facility Forum 2019
Djurönäset, Värmdö – 2019-09-30 – 2019-10-01
Facility Forum 2019 is a two-day event, exclusively for the SciLifeLab infrastructure community, i.e. Platform and Facility Directors, Heads of Facilities and all infrastructure staff and administrative personnel.
Facility Forum will give you an excellent opportunity to meet with your infrastructure colleagues and discuss urgent topics related to facility operations. The aim of the event is to promote cross-facility interactions, to strengthen the SciLifeLab community feeling within and between platforms/facilities, as well as to inform and engage the infrastructure personnel in the planning towards the upcoming international evaluation of the infrastructure in 2020.
On the first day, we offer inspiring talks, discussions on urgent topics in parallel sessions followed by a dinner with entertainment in the evening. The second day is devoted to platform-wise activities and ends with a joint lunch. Please see the full program under Program.
The following is included by your registration:
- Bus from/to Stockholm Central station, Solna or Uppsala
- Conference program
- Lunches and coffee breaks
- Teamwork activity
- Conference dinner – Oktoberfest
- Overnight stay in a shared room (only for participants of Day 2)
We look forward to seeing you at Facility Forum 2019!
Hotel and spa
All guests to the hotel have been allocated a room, according to wishes provided in the registration. Shared rooms have separate beds. The hotel opens for check-in during the afternoon on September 30, but there is a storage room where you can store your luggage until check-in.
Room tabs will not be permitted during your stay.
Breakfast is included and served in the main building 07:00-09:00.
Checkout before 10:00 on October 1. You can check out by leaving your card to the reception or in a provided box.
The hotel spa and pool is open for the conference guests to use during leisure time. Please remember to bring your swimming gear.
On day one there will be the following parallel sessions:
- Cross-platform and facility workshop– Learn about the other infrastructure platforms and facilities to be able to guide users to the entire SciLifeLab infrastructure and identify cross-platform opportunities for users.
- Career paths for infrastructure personnel – How can SciLifeLab contribute to the implementation of a career ladder system for staff scientists and other facility personnel?
- Enhancing the SciLifeLab community – How do we build a strong internal community within SciLifeLab, with a clear identity and common voice?
- Facility IT and data management services – Meet the Data Centre to find out about services available for your facility and to discuss your needs. Learn about future plans and get involved in the testing of our coming services.
- How do we create an excellent facility user experience? – Featuring integrated communications and co-development of the SciLifeLab brand.
- The role of the Bioinformatics platform within SciLifeLab – A cross-platform discussion about current Bioinformatics capacities and future needs from Facilities.
Contact Operations office: email@example.com