Lab Manager Translational Medicine and Chemical Biology
We are searching for an organized, skilled, and highly motivated Lab Manager who will overlook our labs efforts and secure smooth functioning of the lab. Main tasks will include standardization of protocols, supervision of cell culture work, cultivation of cell lines, preparation of microscopy samples, common reagents, and libraries of fluorescent in situ hybridization probes. Furthermore, the Lab Manager will be responsible for lab safety compliance and ordering of reagents. The successful candidate will have managerial responsibilities such as training newcomers in basic cell biology and molecular biology techniques, as well as on microscope use, and will be responsible for making sure that our databases as well as protocols are up to date.
The Lab Manager should be capable of working independently and be proactive in the implementation of procedural improvements to ensure that the lab runs safely and efficiently. Hence, we are searching for a highly energetic person with a great deal of independence and initiative, with passion for experimentation and great communication skills.
The research groups
The position is available in the Bienko and Crosetto laboratories for Quantitative Biology and Technology (https://bienkocrosettolabs.org/) The Bienko and Crosetto labs are located at the Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) situated at the Karolinska Institutet Solna campus. The Bienko lab explores the fundamental design principles that regulate how chromatin is organized in the eukaryotic nucleus in normal and disease conditions, and how the 3D chromosome structure influences gene expression. The Crosetto lab investigates the molecular basis of DNA fragility, and tries to understand how the interplay between DNA replication and transcription is linked to the formation of DNA breaks genome-wide.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in molecular biology and cell biology
- Extensive experience in cell culturing and microscopy
- At least a MSc degree, but PhD is preferable
- Experience as a Lab Manager or project leader is preferable
- Excellent spoken and written English
An employment application must contain the following documents in English:
- A complete curriculum vitae, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A letter of motivation
- Verifications for crediting of illness, military service, work for labour unions or student organisations, parental leave or similar circumstances
- Verification from the thesis defence committee or the equivalent (only if the thesis defence is scheduled within three months after the application deadline)
The application is to be submitted on the MyNetwork recruitment system.