Part-time Lab coordinator (40%) Translational Medicine and Chemical Biology
A part-time position as lab coordinator is immediately available in the Crosetto and Bienko labs for Quantitative Genome Biology (https://bienkocrosettolabs.org/).
The Bienko and Crosetto labs are two highly integrated research groups working on genome architecture (Bienko group) and genome fragility (Crosetto group) in healthy and disease conditions. Our labs are located at the Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) situated at the Karolinska Institute campus in Stockholm. SciLifeLab is an interdisciplinary center for molecular biosciences with focus on health and environmental research, bringing under the same roof groups from four universities: Karolinska Institutet, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm University and Uppsala University. The center features state-of-the-art technology platforms, including next-generation sequencing, high-throughput histology, super-resolution microscopy, proteomics, image analysis, and bioinformatics.
The successful candidate will join an interdisciplinary and dynamic team of international researchers, including clinicians, biologists, biotechnologists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists. Our mission is to transform the way we understand complex biological phenomena and diseases such as cancer, by integrating next-generation sequencing technologies, single-molecule microscopy methods, and advanced computational tools.
The main tasks associated with the position are general administrative support (travel orders, reimbursement requests, lab orders, etc.), maintenance of the primary lab information platform (Google Drive), maintenance of the lab website, and support with translations to Swedish.
Specific tasks include:
- supporting the PIs with travel orders and reimbursements
- supporting the PIs with reimbursements for lab events or other lab-related activities
- organizing lab social events (lab retreats, celebrations)
- organizing guest scientists’ visits
- maintaining the primary lab information platform (Google Drive)
- updating the lab website
- translating to Swedish when needed in grant applications
- writing applications for the purchase of large equipment (tendering)
- writing applications in Swedish for obtaining ethical permits to conduct research
- supporting the groups with preparation of figures for manuscripts and presentations
The successful candidate shall be fluent in Swedish and have experience of working in an academic environment. Prior experience as lab administrator is strongly favored. The successful candidate should also have proficiency in digital art tools (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator) and web design tools. Candidates with a strong affinity for photography and visual arts are particularly encouraged to apply.
An employment application must contain the following documents in English:
- A complete curriculum vitae, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
- Verifications for crediting of illness, military service, work for labour unions or student organisations, parental leave or similar circumstances
- Verification from the thesis defence committee or the equivalent (only if the thesis defence is scheduled within three months after the application deadline)
The application is to be submitted on the MyNetwork recruitment system.