Senior Lab Manager in cancer research
We are an academic research lab in the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) at Karolinska Institutet (KI) and SciLifeLab in Stockholm, Sweden. We aim to identify quantitative principles in cancer to help us navigate the complexity of this disease and guide therapeutic interventions. To do so, we combine experiments on mouse cancer models with computational approaches such as large-scale data analysis and mathematical modeling. We are currently building an interdisciplinary team of experimental and computational biologists. You can read more about our research on our website https://www.hausserlab.org.
You will be central to both our daily operation as a lab and to our long-term scientific achievements. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing expertise on designing and conducting tumor biology experiments
- Guiding and supporting lab members in experimental research projects
- Working on your own research project
- Building the wet lab and ensuring its smooth daily operations
- Supporting the principal investigator in administrative tasks such as acting as director of animal experiments, managing ethical permits approval, etc.
To qualify you should have:
- PhD-level research experience in tumor biology / immunology
- Expertise with cancer research techniques: experiments with mouse cancer models, histology, immuno-fluorescence, flow cytometry, intra-vital imaging, and common lab techniques (cell culture, RNA extraction, lentiviral vectors, …)
- Experience in scientific writing in the form of scientific publications, funding applications and/or animal ethical permit applications
It is a merit if you have:
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with supervising students
No expertise in computational biology is required for this position.
There is no requirement of professional fluency in Swedish, but this would be appreciated.
The candidates personal skills will be highly valued.
What do we offer?
- Exciting science with medical relevance in a young lab at the interface of experimental and computational biology.
- A stimulating scientific environment and top research infrastructure. KI is among the world’s foremost medical universities and KI’s faculty awards the Nobel Prize in physiology and medicine. SciLifeLab is the Swedish national center for large-scale molecular bioscience, with stimulating researchers and top facilities in-house.
- High life quality: Stockholm consistently tops the rankings of cities with highest quality of life worldwide.
Karolinska Institutet is a state university, which entitles to several benefits such as extended holiday and generous occupational pension. Employees also have access to our modern gym for free and receive reimbursements for medical care.