Senior Lab manager to NGI
The duties of team leader include daily planning and structuring of the experimental unit. To ensure the deliveries meet the demands and expectations of our users. It also entails coaching and motivating a team of around ten research engineers to work toward the stated goals of the operations.
The person we are looking for will make sure we reach the goals stated when it comes to quality. The responsibility is strongly connected to external projects and the commitments we have toward research groups. We reach these goals by working with a quality standard (IOS 17025) and by always striving to update our methods according to the latest breakthroughs.
To deliver high quality results is always our first priority. We reach this by take well care of the samples that are handed over to us, but also the instruments and premises we have. There is also emphasis on personnel, and making sure that the personnel is well cared for is a large part of the team leaders duties. Documentation, communication and a strong team spirit also contribute to reaching our goals.
- Delegate tasks and set schedules
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Conduct Lab meetings
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems
- Communicate and discuss results with researcher and companies.
- Strong background in molecular biology methods and a familiarity with working in a lab
- Familiarity with working with RNA and DNA
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Decision-making skills
- Experience of “Next Generation Sequencing”, preferably with the Illumina platform
- Experience from support and/or service activities
- Experience in working in an accredited environment and/or with a LIMS
- Good ability to communicate in Swedish
Emphasis will be placed on personal characteristics such as responsibility, flexibility, collaboration, and problem solving skills.