The SciLifeLab Data Centre is a newly formed unit with responsibility for IT- and data management issues, serving the SciLifeLab technology platforms, their users and Swedish researchers in general. Working at the Data Centre, you will be at the core of Sweden’s top infrastructure for life sciences and have the opportunity to actively shape how state-of-the-art IT services are integrated in Swedish life science research, and help to maximize the scientific impact of the large amount of research data generated at SciLifeLab.
Work description: Uppsala University and Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) is looking for a full time data engineer, subject to six months probationary period. The starting date is as soon as possible, subject to agreement. We are searching for a data engineer to work on development, maintenance and support of systems for managing research- and operational data from the SciLifeLab service platforms and their users. These systems include databases with web interfaces for publications, tracking of data sets and projects, and secure systems for managing controlled access for research data on human samples. SciLifeLab Data Centre promote following principles of Open Science, with openness, transparency and reproducibility for Swedish research data. This position requires close cooperation and good communication with researchers, technical and administrative personnel.
Qualifications: This job requires a university degree in a relevant subject area. In addition is required
- Documented experiences in bioinformatics
- Good skills in documenting work and code
- Fluency in English language
- Knowledge or interest in biomedical research and infrastructure
- Knowledge or interest in hardware- and software systems used in life science research
- Knowledge about IT security and issues around managing sensitive personal data
- Ability to work both individually and in cooperation with personnel in widely different fields
- Fluency in Swedish language
- Drive and initiative to support and develop the IT and data management processes for Swedish scientists.
Personal suitability will strongly affect the recruitment for this position.
Uppsala University values the qualities that even gender distribution and diversity add to the business. We therefore look forward to searching for all sexes and with different birth background, functionality and life experience.
Salary: According to individual qualifications
Start date: as soon as possible
Form of employment: Permanent full-time position, probationary period may be applied
Extent of employment: 100%
For more information contact:
Johan Rung, 018-471 4475, email@example.com
You are welcome to apply no later than March 16, 2018. UFV-PA 2017/4511.