Bioinformatician with focus on research support in image analysis
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at KTH
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
We are looking for a recent graduate with a keen interest in implementation and adoption of image analysis algorithms for quantitative analysis of microscopy data to join the SciLifeLab BIIF (https://www. scilifelab.se/units/bioimage-informatics/). You will work as a research engineer in short and long-term projects, providing research support and education in image analysis. The BIIF has nodes in both Uppsala and Stockholm, but the assignment includes services to researchers at other universities in Sweden as well. The job includes involvement and organization of courses and workshops in digital image processing and analysis with life science applications.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject or equivalent competence, combined with documented experience of computer programming and development of digital image analysis solutions.
- Experience with analysis software such as Imaris, ImageJ/Fiji, CellProfiler, NIS and Amira·
- Experience with algorithm development and development of analysis pipelines aiming to quantify and classify biological parameters extracted from microscopy data of e.g. cells and microorganisms in cultures and tissue samples·
- Experience with deep learning frameworks·
- Proficiency with a scientific programming language (Python, R, or Matlab)·
- Experience in medical image analysis·
- Excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written as it will be required when performing the daily work tasks.
Knowledge and skills that are meritorious for the position:
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
- Research expertise
- Teaching ability
- The ability to work towards research results being utilised in practice.
- The ability to inform about research and development work
- Experience of developing and leading activities and staff.
- Knowledge of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of your experience in bioimage analysis and deep learning. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement – for up to 12 months, with access according to agreement.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Contact||Kevin Smith, Universitetslektor, email@example.com|
Natasha Kapama, HR, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Last application date||06.Aug.2021 11:59 PM CEST|