SciLifeLab is a national centre for molecular biosciences focusing on health and environmental research. The centre combines leading technical expertise with advanced knowledge in translational medicine and molecular biosciences. The goal of SciLifeLab also includes building a strong research community around itself through education and collaboration. SciLifeLab is a national resource run by Karolinska Institutet (KI), Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (KTH), Stockholm University and Uppsala University. SciLifeLab was founded in 2010 and currently has more than 400 employees at the various units and about 150 research groups.
The successful candidate will be working at the SciLifeLab Data Centre, a central unit with responsibility for IT- and data management issues, serving the SciLifeLab technology platforms, their users and Swedish researchers in general. We have a national assignment and, for example, operates the Swedish national Covid-19 research data portal. We also work with issues about FAIR data, open science, and data driven life science. Working at the Data Centre, you will be at the core of Sweden’s top infrastructure for life sciences and have the opportunity to actively shape how state-of-the-art IT and data science are integrated in Swedish life science research, and help to maximize the scientific impact of the large amount of research data generated at SciLifeLab.
SciLifeLab Data Centre is looking for a motivated and knowledgeable Coordinator specialized in research data management, to lead the work on data sharing and data services in particular for Swedish Covid-19 research projects. You will work integrated with a team of scientists, coordinators, data engineers and system developers at the core of SciLifeLab’s national research infrastructure. In this position,you will work with data from genomics, proteomics, microscopy, chemical biology and several other areas, and support research projects to rapidly make data, code, methods and results available. You will also support projects with technical solutions, services and advice aiming at the highest possible quality in research data management, and support a collaborative and open way of working.
This position is tightly linked to the Swedish national Covid-19 data portal operated by the team, https://covid19dataportal.se, in collaboration with European infrastructures (EMBL-EBI, ELIXIR and EOSC).
This job requires a university degree in a relevant subject area. In addition is required:
- Documented experience from life science research.
- Documented skills in coordination and communication, and ability to document ongoing work.
- Documented experience in reporting.
- Fluency in English and Swedish.
- Knowledge about processes and regulations from Swedish universities regarding IT services and data management, including IT security and personal data management.
- Experience from research service roles, preferably regarding research data, open science, or FAIR.
- Knowledge or interest in biomedical research and infrastructure.
- Knowledge about software systems used in life science research.
- Ability to work both individually and in cooperation with personnel in widely different fields.
- Drive and initiative to support and develop data driven life science in Sweden.
Personal suitability will strongly affect the recruitment for this position.
Salary: According to individual qualifications.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Type of employment: Time limited position until 2021-12-31 with possible extension.
Scope of employment: 100%
For more information contact: Johan Rung, 018-471 4475, firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome to apply no later than July 31 2020. UFV-PA 2020/2658.