Postdoc in Gene Technology and Computational Biology
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
We have received several grants from private foundations, EU (ERC) and SciLifeLab to develop molecular atlases of which genes are expressed during the development of, among other things, the brain, heart and lung, but also investigation of adult intestine and lung, but also in various medical conditions. Very large gene expression data is collected at SciLifeLab from different groups in Sweden but also internationally.
Within the framework of this project, we will also engage researchers in Sweden to benefit from this unique knowledge resource.
We are looking for a post-doctoral fellow who can work within the project to participate in the computational development of the project. A key component of the advertised position is mathematical and/or computational biology (machine learning) competence. The researchers will be in close contact with internal and external researchers.
This is a fixed-term contracts of 2 years starting after the summer. A postdoctoral position enables employment as a researcher for an additional 2 years if you meet the qualifications in a new advertisement.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or computational biology for the position or equivalent competence, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- Very good presentation skills in text and speech (English)
- Very good programming experience.
Experience of bioinformatic work (work in the life sciences) is a merit. You possess good subject skills and professional skills. We are looking for a person who can work independently. You have good teaching ability and research expertise.
We would like you to have the ability to work towards research results being utilised in practice and the ability to inform about research and development work.
You are welcome to have good collaborative abilities and experience in developing and leading acitivities and staff. It is a merit with knowledge of diversity and equal opportunity issues with a special focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for 2 years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement ,after the summer|
|Number of positions||1|
|Contact||Joakim Lundeberg, +46 0 704582346|
|Last application date||01.Sep.2021 11:59 PM CEST|