Postdoc in genome regulation
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
A post-doc position is available at the group of Assoc. Prof. Pelin Sahlén at the SciLifeLab, KTH. We are seeking a highly motivated individual for working in the field of 3D genome analysis and functional epigenomics. We will work together with Topological Data Analysis group at the KTH led by Professor Wojciech Chachólski to develop a novel analysis method to find co-variation signatures and the successful candidate will actively collaborate with Chachólski group.
We offer a position in an ambitious and resourceful group comprised of both wet-lab and computational expertise and scientists. Our group focuses on the interplay between genome variation and 3D-genome/chromatin architecture. We produce high-resolution 3D genome and epigenome datasets from both clinical and non-clinical samples towards developing cutting-edge methods using genotyped genome interaction datasets.
The work tasks will include but not limited to analysis and integration of multiple epigenome and interactome datasets, developing novel tools for integrating DNA and RNA interaction datasets, help develop workflows using relevant software packages and databases for non-coding variant prioritization, take part in designing wet-lab experiments using clinical samples.
This position is part of a joint collaboration between the two of the largest research programs in Sweden, the Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) and the SciLifeLab and Wallenberg National Program for Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS), with the ultimate goal of solving ground-breaking research questions across disciplines.
Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) is Sweden’s largest individual research program ever, a major national initiative for strategically motivated basic research, education and faculty recruitment. The program addresses research on artificial intelligence and autonomous systems acting in collaboration with humans, adapting to their environment through sensors, information and knowledge, and forming intelligent systems-of- systems. The vision of WASP is excellent research and competence in artificial intelligence, autonomous systems and software for the benefit of Swedish industry. Read more: htps://wasp- sweden.org/.
The SciLifeLab and Wallenberg National Program for Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS) is a 12- year initiative that focuses on data-driven research, within fields essential for improving the people’s lives, detecting and treating diseases, protecting biodiversity and creating sustainability. The programme will train the next generation of life scientists and create a strong computational and data science base. The program aims to strengthen national collaborations between universities, bridge the research communities of life sciences and data sciences, and create partnerships with industry, healthcare and other national and international actors.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Opportunity to do research in a multidisciplinary, international research
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Good programming skills in at least one of the following scripting or programming languages such as Python, R or C++ and experience working with large scale computing clusters
- As a person you are ambitious and have a strong ability to take initiative
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with colleagues
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Experience working with large-scale genome interaction, epigenome or gene regulatory network data
- Experience in the field of network science and analysis
- Good knowledge in statistics
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.