Postdoc in Genomics
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Professor Tuuli Lappalainen’s research group is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to work on functional effects of genetic variants in humans. This position is suitable for both experimental and/or computational work: experimental work in the lab focuses on CRISPR technology combined with transcriptomics and other types of cutting-edge molecular and cellular phenotyping. Computational work leverages these data sets as well as genome and multi-omic data from large human cohorts, including data produced in the lab, with collaborators, or from consortium projects. The postdoctoral researcher can also propose and pursue their own ideas that fit the general research program of the lab (see https://tllab.org).
Dr. Lappalainen is also the director of National Genomics Infrastructure of SciLifeLab and an Associate Faculty Member at the New York Genome Center. The person selected for this role would interact closely with these teams as well, and there is a possibility to spend an extended period in New York as a visiting researcher.
What we offer
- Opportunity to do research in a multidisciplinary, international research group at the cutting edge of genomics
- Creative role that combines a high degree of independence with mentorship and close interactions with other members of the lab
- Opportunity to adopt cutting-edge laboratory and data analysis techniques and work on exciting data sets with potential for high impact discoveries
- Close interactions with Dr. Lappalainen’s lab at the New York Genome Center and with the Genomics platform at SciLifeLab , and opportunity to visit the New York lab for a shorter or longer period
- An possibility to pursue collaborative and consortium projects locally and internationally, and develop an international network and profile as a researcher
- A supportive lab environment including mentorship for future career steps
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH, please see;
relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in human genetics, functional genomics or a related field, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- A publication record
- Skills and experience in wetlab production and/or drylab analysis of large-scale genetic or genomic data
- Research expertise in analysis of human genetic data and/or functional genomic data is preferred, but candidates from other backgrounds may apply as well
- Great documented teaching skills or experience
- We appreciate a track record showing collaborative abilities and independence
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH.se KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the instructions in the ad.
The application must include a CV with a list of publications and a maximum two page description of prior and current research achievements and future research interests and how they relate to your future goals.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
Continued employment under a different title may be possible after two years as a postdoc.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited quaplified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Contact||Tuuli Lappalainen, +46 8 790 6000|
Marion Korach-André, +46 70-8712764
|Last application date||05.Nov.2021 11:59 PM CET|