Postdoc in Machine Learning for Personalized Medicine
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of EECS
This position is part of a joint collaboration between the two of the largest research programs in Sweden, the Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) and the SciLifeLab and Wallenberg National Program for Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS), with the ultimate goal of solving ground-breaking research questions across disciplines. The project is a part of WASP-DDLS postdoc program with focus on machine learning for personalized medicine.
Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) is Sweden’s largest individual research program ever, a major national initiative for strategically motivated basic research, education and faculty recruitment. The program addresses research on artificial intelligence and autonomous systems acting in collaboration with humans, adapting to their environment through sensors, information and knowledge, and forming intelligent systems-of-systems. The vision of WASP is excellent research and competence in artificial intelligence, autonomous systems and software for the benefit of Swedish industry. Read more: htps://wasp-sweden.org/
The SciLifeLab and Wallenberg National Program for Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS) is a 12-year initiative that focuses on data-driven research, within fields essential for improving the people´s lives, detecting and treating diseases, protecting biodiversity and creating sustainability. The programme will train the next generation of life scientists and create a strong computational and data science base. The program aims to strengthen national collaborations between universities, bridge the research communities of life sciences and data sciences, and create partnerships with industry, healthcare and other national and international actors. Read more: htps://www.scilifelab.se/data-driven
The project will be a collaboration between KTH and Karolinska Institute with focus on machine learning for personalized medicine.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- A solid background in data science, especially theoretical and programming skills in large-scale machine learning.
- Independence, demonstrated in research by e.g., first-author publications in top journals.
- Good level of spoken and written English since there will be a lot of collaborations with different universities and researchers of international backgrounds.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- Background in biology/personalized medicine.
- Teaching abilities.
- Collaborative abilities
- A strong awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
To apply for the position
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Relevant publications
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more here