Postdoc in Precision Medicine
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
We are seeking a postdoc with strong computational skills and biological knowledge to join our team and advance precision medicine through multiomics data analysis for various clinical conditions. Responsibilities include developing and refining metabolic models for complex diseases, integrating and analyzing multi-omics data to inform personalized treatment strategies, and collaborating with other researchers in computational and experimental studies. The candidate will also develop data analysis pipelines, algorithms, publish research findings, present work at conferences, contribute to grant applications, and mentor junior team members. This position offers an opportunity to work at the forefront of biomedical research, contributing to the development of innovative therapeutic approaches for challenging diseases while collaborating with a multidisciplinary network of researchers and clinicians.
The Mardinoglu lab at SciLifeLab focuses on precision medicine, an emerging field revolutionizing healthcare by tailoring treatments to individual patients. Our interdisciplinary approach integrates systems biology, mathematical and computational models, and experimental technologies such as genomics, metagenomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, and metabolomics. Other main interest is development of genome-scale metabolic models (GEMs) for human cells/tissues and employing these comprehensive models in the analysis of omics data obtained from subjects with complex diseases. The lab also focuses on the generation of Integrated Networks (INs) by merging GEMs with other biological networks. Such networks can lead to discovery of novel drug targets and biomarkers and subsequent development of efficient treatment strategies.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH;
relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- The candidates will be working closely with the experimental groups as well as number of big pharma companies.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, biology, microbiology, systems biology, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, R, MATLAB, Linux or similar.
- Proficiency in handling and analyzing large-scale omics data and applying relevant computational methods.
- Experience in developing and working with GEMs, constraint-based modeling, and other systems biology techniques is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to clearly present research findings and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications in relevant research areas.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, demonstrating strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- We expect that you have the ability to work independently as well as that you have great collaborative abilities
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Strong publication record
- Teaching experience
- A MD is meritorious.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more here