Postdoc in sequencing technology
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
We seek a talented and ambitious Postdoctoral Researcher to join our multidisciplinary team. Our group is focused on DNA computing, and more specifically, in developing and shaping the nascent field of sequencing-based microscopy – where whole images are generated using exclusively DNA sequencingbased information instead of classical optics. This technique is in its early stages, with potential applications for life sciences and biomedical research, clinical diagnostics, and industry. You will have the opportunity to shape and make founding contributions to this exciting new field.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher, you will design and conduct laboratory experiments. You will work with molecular tools involving DNA and enzymes, their characterization and manipulation, and DNA sequencing and data analysis. You will work in a multidisciplinary lab with other researchers, doing a combination of collaborative and independent research. As an experienced researcher with your own unique expertise and perspective, you will participate in and contribute to a rich and vibrant research environment of ideas, problems to solve, and opportunities to discover.
We value a diverse and inclusive environment and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. We are also committed to gender equality and encourage applications from women who are underrepresented in this research field.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A multidisciplinary environment with opportunities to develop your own unique collaborative niche
- Opportunities for professional development, authorship on publications, and the chance to present at conferences
- Access to mentorship and a supportive team environment
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Knowledge related to DNA sequencing, molecular life sciences, or similar fields
- Research experience and demonstrable experience independently designing, executing, and interpreting data from laboratory experiments
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English, as this will be required in day-to-day work.
- a habit of continuous learning
- social skills and professional demeanor, the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues, resolve differences with maturity, and act as a model of excellence for junior colleagues and students
- professional work habits, an ability to organize and maintain your productivity, and a habit of refining and improving these habits through self-development.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Experience in promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Exposure to scientific programming is appreciated
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
To apply for the position
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. How do you envision your role in our group and this field (if coming from a different field)? Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.