Postdoctoral Fellow (scholarship) in enhancer biology
The Sahlen Lab studies distal transcription regulation, enhancer biology and genome interaction maps. We developed the Capture Hi-C method that provides high-resolution maps of regulatory interactions. We integrate regulatory networks with genomic, transcriptomic and epigenomic datasets to discover and validate the functional role of enhancers in disease and evolution.
The successful candidate will focus on a project that aims to characterize the role of enhancer variants in evolution, in particular, evolution of dogs from their wolf ancestors. This project will pioneer the utilisation of epigenomic and enhancer datasets in the field of molecular evolution for understanding the genetic mechanisms behind selection under rapid evolution.
The post doc will process various tissue samples from dogs and wolves and perform experiments such as Capture Hi-C, CUT&RUN, RNA-seq and functional validations using various assays including CRISPR interference. The successful candidate will also participate in processing and analyses of the resultant data.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in molecular biology or related field,obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- Experience in advanced molecular biology techniques
- Experience in epigenetic assays, such as chromatin immunoprecipitation
- Experience in gene activation/repression assays using CRISPRi
- Some programming experience in R or Python
About the position
Period: 2 years
Amount of scholarship: According to agreement.
Location: SciLifeLab, Solna
If questions, please contact Pelin Sahlén, email@example.com or +46723190036.