Project Coordinator InfraLife
Lund University, MAX IV , IRO/User Office
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 46 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
We are seeking a Project Coordinator to join the InfraLife initiative, a project dedicated to strengthening Sweden as a leading nation in Life Science by promoting the use of large-scale research infrastructure by life science researchers in academia, industry, and healthcare. The project forms a joint life sciences hub between three research infrastructures: Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab), MAX IV Laboratory and the European Spallation Source ERIC (ESS). The employment is at MAX IV, Lund University, and you will be a member of the Industrial Relations Office at MAX IV. There are two coordinator positions within the InfraLife initiative where the other position is located at SciLifeLab/KTH.
About InfraLife and the facilities
SciLifeLab is a national Swedish infrastructure for molecular bioscience research, MAX IV Laboratory is one of the brightest X-ray sources in the world and ESS will be the world’s most powerful neutron source. Together, we engage the broad life science community in academia, industry, and health care, and jointly develop new technology-, data- and challenge-driven capabilities across all sectors of life science.
InfraLife builds on the individual external relations functions at the three infrastructures, bridging these and providing a single point of entry. The industrial branch organizations, SwedenBio and LIF are partnering with InfraLife, and provide a link to the entire industrial life science community across Sweden.
About the assignment
We offer an inspiring job in a stimulating and international work environment. You will be part of a small team, building a function integrated with the successful existing structures of the SciLifeLab External Relations Office, MAX IV Industrial Relations Team and ESS Host State Relations group. MAX IV and ESS are in the northern part of Lund city with nature just outside the doorstep. SciLifeLab has its main site in Stockholm at Campus Solna. The site location for this position in Lund will be at MAX IV. The position will include some travel.
Working within the project you will support a growing industrial user community and healthcare sector outreach to reach a broader user group within the life science field.
Your tasks will include:
– Development, coordination, and project management of the InfraLife project, ensuring timely delivery of milestones
– Work with national and international stakeholders in life science and healthcare around MAX IV, ESS and SciLifeLab, establishing sustainable and long-term partnerships and networks
– Creating structures to enable industry and healthcare access to the facilities and the available advanced methods
– Starting initiatives and organizing educational and outreach activities toward the life science industry and healthcare sector
– Strengthening the connections between the three infrastructures to increase knowledge and share best practices
– Generating communications content and activities related to InfraLife
– Acting as the InfraLife representative at external meetings and events that can be both scientific and strategic in nature
– Work to acquire additional funding for collaboration between InfraLife and other stakeholders
To be successful in this role you need to have the following qualifications
– solid scientific background with a university degree in a field such as molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, biomedicine, or biophysics
– experience working with project management or project coordination
– express yourself freely in both spoken and written English
– be outgoing and socially skilled with strong interest in building new relations
– express yourself verbally in Swedish
Below are seen as merits
– experience in research using advanced research infrastructures
– experience using neutron or synchrotron techniques
– industrial work experience
– experience with science communication
InfraLife is an ongoing project that started 2021 and ends summer 2025.
The first round of interviews will take place during week 6 and week 7 and will be held online. The second round of interviews will take place in week 10 and they will take place in Lund.
On call services may apply.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. It will receive up to 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
Type of employment: Permanent position
Contract type: Full time
First day of employment: As per agreement
Salary: Monthly salary
Number of positions: 1
Full-time equivalent: 100%
County: Skåne län
Reference number: PA2022/4024
Contact: Magnus Larsson, 046-2229872
OFR/S:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-2229362,firstname.lastname@example.org
SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds , 046-2229364,email@example.com
Last application date: 08.Feb.2023 11:59 PM CET