RED Postdoctoral Fellowships – SciLifeLab Campus Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Three Research Environment and Development (RED) Postdoctoral Fellowship grants are open for applications in 2021. RED Postdoc Fellows will receive a 2-year contract (1 MSEK/yr) to work on self-designed research projects. Successful candidates will be matched to an existing research group and embedded in the unique interdisciplinary and collaborative research environment at SciLifeLab Campus Solna.
SciLifeLab is a research infrastructure in Sweden with unique technologies and broad expertise in molecular life sciences. Campus Solna is jointly operated by the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Karolinska Institutet (KI) and Stockholm University (SU), also known as Stockholm Trio. All activities at Campus Solna are aligned with its dual mission: hosting national research infrastructures, and being an internationally competitive research center. Technical innovations developed at Campus Solna, enhance SciLifeLab’s reputation at the forefront of molecular life sciences.
Research at Campus Solna is supported by expert staff scientists and state-of-the-art experimental facilities that together provide a unique environment for training scientists at all career stages.
As a RED Postdoc Fellow at Campus Solna SciLifeLab you will:
- be part of an internationally recognized research community with access to cutting edge technologies in molecular life sciences
- have the opportunity to work on an ambitious research project in conjunction with competent interdisciplinary experimentalists and bioinformaticians
- work in a supportive and collaborative research environment with a community that fosters scientific exchange and promotes scientific independence
- be employed by one of the Stockholm Trio universities
Applicants must have obtained a PhD within the past 3 years, or have completed their PhD by the starting date of the fellowship.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2021
1. Curriculum vitae, including publications(submit as a PDF file)
2. Project Proposal – organized as follows (5 page limit; submit as a single PDF file):
I. Background and significance (approx. ¾ page) – specify the question/problem being addressed
II. Project aims, (approx. ¼ page)
III. Project description (maximum 3 pages, may include one figure)
IV. Describe the involvement of the host group with emphasis on the relevance of the existing expertise provided. Indicate the skills you bring to the project and what new skills you anticipate to gain. (approx. ¾ pages)
V. References (approx. ¼ page)
3. Letter of Support from a Campus Solna SciLifeLab Host, and, if relevant, a letter of support from an external partner (submit as a PDF file)
Submit CV, Project Proposal and Letter of Support using the Anubis Web portal
4. Two Reference Letters – referees should send their reference letters to: RefLett‑REDPOST21@scilifelab.se
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the letters are received by the deadline.
Contact: Professor Per Ljungdahl, Director Campus Solna, Scilifelab; e‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
RED Postdoc Call – Timeline:
Application opens: October 1, 2021
Submission deadline: November 15, 2021
Review/Interviews: December 2021/January 2022
Decision: January 2022
Start date: Negotiable; ambition latest September 2022