Research assistant in tumor systems biology
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet
We are an academic research lab in the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) at Karolinska Institutet (KI) and SciLifeLab in Stockholm, Sweden (https://www.hausserlab.org)
We are looking for a Research assistant.
You will perform experimental and computational research to identify quantitative principles to guide pharmacological interventions against heterogeneous tumors.
- Masters-level education in life science with a biomedical angle and an emphasis on experimental approaches
- Solid experimental skills in pharmacology, especially in assaying viability and drug synergy
- Solid experimental skills in cell biology: 2D and, most importantly, 3D mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, immunostaining and cryosectioning
- Experience in microscopy (brightfield, epifluorescence and confocal)
- At least 6 months of previous experience in cancer research
- Computational experience in R programming (Rstudio, tidyverse) and automatized image analysis with CellProfiler
- Previous international experience
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
The candidate’s personal skills will be strongly valued.
What do we offer?
- Exciting science in a lab uniquely positioned for you to grow in your abilities to combine experiments and computation in an area of direct medical relevance.
- A stimulating scientific environment and top research infrastructure. KI is among the world’s foremost medical universities and The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet, appoints the laureates for the Nobel Prize in physiology and medicine. SciLifeLab is the Swedish national center for large-scale molecular bioscience, with stimulating researchers and top facilities in-house.
- High life quality. Stockholm consistently tops the rankings of cities with highest quality of life worldwide.
Welcome to apply at the latest 2021-10-06.
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system. In this recruitment, you will apply with your CV without a personal letter. Instead, you will answer some questions about why you are applying for the job in the application form.
Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Reference number||STÖD 2-4132/2021|
|Contact||Jean Hausser, email@example.com|
|Union representative||Taher Darreh-Shori, SACO, 08-524 835 29|
Elisabeth Valenzuela, SEKO, 08-524 863 53
Magnus Anå, OFR, 08-524 864 37, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Last application date||06.Oct.2021 11:59 PM CEST|