Research coordinator – Researcher in Genomics
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health (CBH) is one of the five schools of KTH and a strong constellation for research and education in the broader areas of health, environment, energy and materials. The School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health conducts research and education in areas that cover several global challenges. Among them are the need of sustainable energy, health and aging population, climate change, sustainable production and working life, food production and clean water.
Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab, https://www.scilifelab.se/) is a national center for large-scale life science research with an advanced technological infrastructure. At SciLifeLab, multidisciplinary research is carried out based on DNA sequencing, gene expression analysis, proteomics, bioinformatics, biostatistics and system biology. The goal is to enable Swedish researchers to analyze genes, transcripts and proteins in different organisms in order to map molecular mechanisms related to health and the environment. Examples of thematic research areas that are currently being processed within SciLifeLab are clinical genomics/proteomics, cancer genome and the genomics of complex diseases as well as ecological and environmental genomics.
We are looking for a research coordinator to work with the research groups of professors Joakim Lundeberg and Tuuli Lappalainen at the Department of Gene Technology. The two groups are leaders in both experimental and computational genomics and engaged in major projects and international collaborations.
The Research Coordinator will help to coordinate and manage operations of the two labs, manage research projects and collaborations, assist in grant writing and reporting, develop and maintaining lab websites and other external communications and assist in recruitment and onboarding new students and staff. This work requires close coordination with scientific and administrative staff at KTH, SciLifeLab and the New York Genome Center.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment.
- International and dynamic working environment at the cutting edge of genomics
- Creative role with opportunity for independence, innovation and growth
- An opportunity to make an impact on diverse research projects and the future success of our research.
- Close interactions with researchers and administrative staff across many institutes in Sweden and abroad.
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in genomics or equivalent competence.
- Research expertise and teaching ability.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in coordination or administration of research projects in an academic or industry role.
- Experience in fellowship or grant applications.
- Good knowledge in English and Swedish (oral and writing), these languages are used on daily basis.
- Experience of developing and leading activities and staff.
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
To be successful in this position, you need be driven to advance your work with a high degree of independence. Strong collaborative skills are important, since you will interface with many people and organizations. Analytical problem solving and goal- and results-oriented attitude are key qualities. You are also good at organizing and prioritizing your work and time. You are able to advance practical use of results from research projects and communicate your work related to both research and development.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you are interested in this position, your career goals, and description of how your previous experience and skills relate to this position. Max one page long. Max one page long.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement – for up to 24 months, with access according to agreement.
- Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
- For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
- We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
- Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement or 15 August|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||Heltid, 100%|
|Contact||Tuuli Lappalainen, , firstname.lastname@example.org|
Joakim Lundeberg,, email@example.com
|Last application date||13.Jul.2021 11:59 PM CET|