Research Coordinator – Center of Excellence “Chemical Mechanisms of Life”
Are you interested in working for the newly formed Center of Excellence, with the support of competent and friendly colleagues in an international environment? Are you looking for an employer that invests in sustainable employee ship and offers safe and friendly working conditions? We welcome you to apply for a research coordinator position at Uppsala University.
Read more about our benefits and what it is like to work at Uppsala University.
The Department of Chemistry – BMC conducts research and education in analytical chemistry, biochemistry and organic chemistry. More than 100 people work at the department. New employees and students are recruited from all over the world and English is the main working language. The department is located at the Biomedical Centre (BMC) in Uppsala, which facilitates collaborations with research groups in biology, pharmacy, medicine and SciLifeLab and gives access to advanced infrastructure for experimental and theoretical studies. You can find more information about us here.
“Chemical Mechanisms of Life” is a new Center of Excellence, funded by the Swedish Research Council. It facilitates cross-disciplinary collaboration, with in teaching, research, and outreach, and has its base at the Departments of Chemistry – BMC and Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology at Uppsala University. The Center is headed by the four research leaders Lanekoff, Erdélyi, Petzold, and Westenhoff, and is expected to expand into a larger consortium through incoming research visits, and sabbaticals, cross-disciplinary research collaborations, summer/winter schools, seminar series, teaching activities, and more.
We are now seeking a highly motivated research coordinator, who will become a cornerstone in the operation of this Center of Excellence. We welcome an individual, preferably with an academic background, who proactively, collaboratively and independently can advance the Center’s objectives.
The coordinator will initiate, organize and manage the activities of the Center in close collaboration with the board, which consists of the four research leaders. The position is administrative and the coordinator is not expected to drive their own research or seek their own research funding. In particular, the coordinator may:
- Initiate, plan, execute, and monitor the activities of the Chemical Mechanisms of Life Center of Excellence in collaboration with the board
- Ensure that the Center’s goals, timelines and budget are met by efficiently coordinating various tasks
- Serve as a central point of contact for inquiries and communications
- Provide support to visiting researchers and interact with participants of Center Maintain well-organized documentation
- Coordinate the webpage, on-line networking platform, and be a voice for the Center in social media
- Arrange workshops, board meetings, and seminars related to the Chemical Mechanisms of Life Center
- Collaborate with faculty to develop educational material, courses, or programs related to the Center. The coordinator will be offered opportunity to teach in the courses (if applicable) fitting to her/his expertise.
To be considered for the position you must have
- A strong academic background, preferably a Ph.D. in a relevant area within life or natural sciences
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination, preferably in a senior capacity
- Proficiency in oral and written English, with good communication skills
- A documented very good ability to collaborate, coordinate, and execute various tasks
- A strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently according to provided guidelines
It is beneficial that you have
- Experience of teaching in higher education of life sciences or natural sciences
About the employment
The employment is a permanent full-time position, coupled to the Center of Excellence, (probationary period may be applied). Part time employment can be negotiated. Starting date 1st of January 2024 or as otherwise agreed. Placement: Uppsala
For further information about the position, please contact: Prof. Ingela Lanekoff firstname.lastname@example.org)