Research Engineer for large scale sequencing operations
Are you interested in working with cutting-edge technologies and want to contribute to support the Swedish research community?
We are an accredited state-of-the-art DNA sequencing facility at Science for Life Laboratory in search of a talented and dedicated research engineer to join our team. We now offer a permanent position in a dynamic, inclusive and collaborative work environment. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity -apply now!
SciLifeLab is a national center for large-scale life science research with an advanced technological infrastructure. At SciLifeLab, multidisciplinary research is carried out based on DNA sequencing, gene expression analysis, proteomics, bioinformatics, biostatistics and system biology. The goal is to enable Swedish researchers to analyze genes, transcripts and proteins in different organisms in order to map molecular mechanisms related to health and the environment.
The employment applies to a position at the Genomics Production team, which is a part of National Genomics Infrastructure – Stockholm, located at SciLifeLab in Solna.
NGI provides large-scale sequencing, as well as knowledge of this, to Swedish research groups. The aim is to promote Swedish research and to keep Sweden competitive within the field of genomics. This is achieved by working towards high quality within data, analyzes and services.
We are looking for a research engineer for our Production team to work with library preparations, quality controls and sequencing.
You are communicative, have a strong sense of responsibility and accuracy in your work. You enjoy working in the lab and being part of a team where we work towards common goals.
We handle and prepare important samples in a quality-assured laboratory environment. The laboratory work is mainly automated by the use of pipetting robots, but manual work also occurs on a daily basis.
The samples are varied and the methods advanced, hence some problem solving and method development is a natural part of the work.
- Quality control of incoming samples according to validated routines.
- Prepare and quality control libraries for large-scale sequencing according to validated methods.
- Check and maintain instruments and methods according to assigned responsibilities.
- A university/college degree in molecular biology, biotechnology engineering, or a similar subject.
- Be well acquainted with work in laboratory environment.
- Practical experience of laboratory work with DNA and RNA.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Experience of large-scale sequencing, especially the Illumina technology but also of other techniques for DNA- and RNA analysis.
- Experience from service-oriented laboratory operations.
- Previous experience with information systems (LIMS) for laboratories and quality assurance (ISO).
We place great importance on personal characteristics.
What do we offer?
A creative and inspiring environment with wide-ranging expertise and interests. Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. Our vision is to pursue the development of knowledge about life and to promote a better health for all. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct successful medical research and hold the largest range of medical education in Sweden. Karolinska Institutet is also a state university, which entitles you to several good benefits through our collective agreement. And you get to practice freely in our modern wellness facilities, where trained staff are on site.
Welcome to apply at the latest 8 February 2024.
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.In this recruitment, you will apply with your CV without a personal letter. Instead, you will answer some questions about why you are applying for the job in the application form.
Permanent position is initiated by a six months trial period.
Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all