Research Engineer in biodegradable materials and devices
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
We are offering a research engineer position based in the Organic Bioelectronics team within the Herland Lab Group at the Division of Nanobiotechnology at Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab, https://www.scilifelab.se/). SciLifeLab is a national center for large-scale life science research with an advanced technological infrastructure.
In this project, we are developing electrochemical devices based on biodegradable materials. The work is highly interdisciplinary, including materials development, device fabrication, and aspects of materials degradation. It will address several research challenges, from fabrication using degradable components to device stability in contact with aqueous electrolytes and materials degradation after the device lifecycle.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Education/qualifications. A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject, such as biotechnology, biomedicine, pharmacy, or equivalent competence.
- Expertise. You have demonstrated laboratory research experience in the electrochemical characterization of conducting polymers, development and characterization of organic transistors, and biodegradation studies of polymeric materials.
- Communication. As a person, you are meticulous and goal-oriented and like to take responsibility. You have a strong ability to take initiative and run projects. You have good communication skills and a command of the English language.
- Behavior. You have a history of respectful and professional behavior and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in sterile techniques and cell culture.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at
To apply for the position
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max one page long.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement – for up to 6 months, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process https://www.kth.se/en/om/ work-at-kth/processing-of-personal-data-in-the-recruitment-process-1.823440.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more here