Research Engineer in biology analyst
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The research activity for the Research Engineer will be focused mainly on studying how gene expression is spatially regulated in different types of tissues. This work will involve the collection of data using the latest technology, including the Spatial Transcriptomics method and single-cell sequencing. In addition, the Research Engineer will perform relative data analysis. Within the framework of this position, we will collaborate with researchers in Europe and the USA. In addition, we will analyze samples provided by NASA GeneLab to study the impact of spaceflight on mouse brain and other organs.
For this purpose, we are looking for a Research Engineer with previous experience in molecular biology techniques as well as data analysis. In addition, the Research Engineer should already have knowledge of Space Biology.
The research engineer will be located at KTH, Department of Genetic Engineering, SciLifeLab (Science for Life Laboratory) Stockholm.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject or equivalent competence.
- Advanced level in systems biology or biotechnology.
- Subject-related skills
- Professional skills
- Collaborative abilities
- Good knowledge of English. Good presentation ability in text.
- Knowledge of cell sorting and space biology
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement – for up to 1 year, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment
|Temporary position longer than 6 months
|First day of employment
|According to agreement
|Number of positions
|Stefania Giacomello, mail: email@example.com
|Last application date
|14.Sep.2021 11:59 PM CEST