Research Engineer in Droplet Microfluidics
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health
We now offer a Research Engineer position in Droplet Microfluidics for microbial cell factory screening at KTH Nanobiotechnology at the Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab). The research group focuses on droplet microfluidics, biosustainability and high-throughput screening.
The Biomicrofluidics group at KTH, together with academic collaborators at KTH and Chalmers partners aims to realize novel microbial cell factory consortia for the biosustainable production of fats to replace unsustainable palm oil production. Key to this research project is the development of a droplet microfluidic screening assays for cyanobacteria, yeast and microbial consortia.
The Research Engineer will develop, test and employ novel droplet microfluidic screening assays and instrumentation with key academic partners, in Stockholm and Gothenburg. The Research Engineer will primarily work at SciLifeLab Stockholm.
The successful candidate will work at the interface between microfluidics, microbiology, and high throughput screening, including:
- development and testing of droplet microfluidic devices
- development assays for microbial screening
- droplet microfluidics based screening of yeast and cyanobacteria
- microbiological and molecular biological laboratory work
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- An interdisciplinary and applied project in close collaboration with researchers from KTH and Chalmers
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject (MSc degree in biotechnology, technical biology, chemistry, cell and molecular biology, medical technology) or equivalent competence.
- Good ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- You are self-motivated with a strong ability to take initiative
- You have a history of respectful and professional behavior and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- As a person, you have well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills and like to take responsibility.You have strong collaboration skills and work well independently and as part of a group
- Experience with applied microfluidics, preferably droplet microfluidics
- Experience with assay development
- Experience with microbial culture particularly of cyanobacteria and yeast
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
To apply for the position
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max one page long.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement – for up to 6 months (or years), with access according to agreement.
The position may include security-sensitive activities. To become authorized, you therefore need to pass a possible security check.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more here