Research Engineer in organic electrochemical devices
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH
We are offering a research engineer position based in the Organic Bioelectronics team within the Herland Lab Group at the Division of Nanobiotechnology at Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab, http://www.scilifelab.se/). SciLifeLab is a national center for large-scale life science research with an advanced technological infrastructure.
In this project, we are developing electrochemical devices based on ”organic electrochemical transistors” technology. The work is highly interdisciplinary, including materials synthesis, device fabrication, and integration of new materials into the device configuration to fabricate sensors. It will address several research challenges, from the chemistry of the new materials to device fabrication, and sensor development. The project is application-focused, developing a fully functional sensor for pressure monitoring.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- Education: A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in a relevant discipline area, such as bioengineering or nanotechnology engineering.
- Expertise: You have demonstrated laboratory research experience in the development and characterization of organic electrochemical transistors, fabrication using printing techniques, and electrochemical characterization of conducting polymers.
- Communication: As a person, you are meticulous and goal-oriented and like to take responsibility. You have a strong ability to take initiative and run projects. You have good communication skills and command of the English language.
- Experience and understanding of electrochemical techniques associated with the characterization of sensors.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement – for up to 12 months, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more here