You will be working as research engineer in the development team at NGI, one of the largest European sequencing units, at SciLifeLab in Solna. Within the development team, we focus on implementing new methods and techniques into NGIs operations with the aim of giving Swedish researchers access to the latest methods within large-scale DNA and RNA sequencing. Your role will be varied and you will be involved in multiple different tasks, including:
- Preparing and performing quality control of samples for large-scale sequencing
- Developing/evaluating lab protocols for new techniques and applications
- Working in collaborative projects with users
- Working with laboratory automation systems
- Checking and maintaining instruments and methods according to assigned responsibilities
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- Degree in molecular biology or equivalent competence.
- Familiarity with working in a laboratory Environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- We prefer if you have experience of large-scale sequencing, especially Illumina, but also other techniques for DNA and RNA analysis.
- It is commendable if you have prior experience from service-oriented laboratory operations or with information systems for laboratories and quality assurance.
In order to succeed in this role, it is important that you are an independent problem solver, with a structured and quality conscious way of working. You also have good communication skills in both written and spoken language. You have excellent collaboration skill.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
About the employment
Temporary employment for up 1 year or by agreement. The employment is valid indefinitely or is limited by agreement.
December 15, 2020.