Researcher in therapeutic antibody development at SciLifeLab, DDD
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The job includes the following main tasks:
- in vitro selection of antibody candidates using phage display and the identification of unique binders
- characterization of binding and biophysical properties using a variety of techniques
- protein engineering to functionalize and modify antibody candidates
- development of new modalities for protein-protein interactions
- documentation and reporting of results
The position offers excellent opportunities for learning and development since our ambition is that every group member should become as versatile as possible.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- A Master’s – or Civil engineer degree, or an equivalent foreign degree, in biotechnology, cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, or immunology.
- Solid practical experience in molecular biological work
- Solid practical experience in protein purification and characterization
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Experience in phage display selection.
- Experience in alternative in vitro display techniques
- Experience in protein engineering
- Experience in protein expression using different systems
- Experience from the pharma/biotech industry
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency, and in addition to the mentioned qualifications above, a successful candidate is also expected to meet the following requirements:
- Excellent teamwork ability and a goal and results-oriented focus.
- Excellent problem-solving analytical ability with an independent, structured, and thorough working style
- Interest and ability to learn new methods and ways of working
- A high degree of integrity, motivation, and flexibility at work
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- Personal letter and CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).