Scientific Coordinator in Precision Medicine at SciLifeLab
SciLifeLab aims to build molecular precision medicine capabilities, connecting the unique capabilities of SciLifeLab’s infrastructure platforms, technologies, and data-driven life science initiatives. This will be done together with the research community and with links to health care and industry. SciLifeLab will promote translational research in precision medicine, new technologies and data handling, links between molecular and clinical data, biomarker development and precision medicine trials as well as proof of concept implementation. Now, SciLifeLab seeks a Scientific Coordinator for the endeavor.
Precision medicine is a key aspect of the 10-year strategy for SciLifeLab. SciLifeLab’s infrastructure platforms offer a comprehensive ability for molecular studies of health and disease. The newly launched SciLifeLab and Wallenberg National Program for Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS) will focus on data-driven precision medicine and diagnostics as one of its key application areas. To develop SciLifeLab precision medicine area, precision medicine panel of four SciLifeLab scientist in the area was formed and we are now seeking a skilled scientific coordinator. Aim is to together coordinate improved capability for technology driven precision medicine within SciLifeLab and external key stakeholders on the national, Nordic and EU levels. Such stakeholders are Swedish universities, hospitals, regions and companies that are currently planning their actions in precision medicine. All these developments provide an opportunity for SciLifeLab to engage and have a major national impact.
SciLifeLab has already contributed to the translation of genomics to clinical research and health care through the launch of its Clinical Genomics Platform and Genomic Medicine Sweden. It is important that the advances in other SciLifeLab technologies, across all platforms, such as proteomics, metabolomics, single cell, spatial- and functional biology are also translated into health care and clinical research. In addition, there is an increasing need for precision biomarkers in drug discovery and development. Sample handling and analysis across multiple platforms, as well as data handling at the SciLifeLab Data Centre and the DDLS program, will need to be engaged and coordinated with. The appointed Scientific Coordinator will support the Scientific Leads in Precision Medicine and be a key partner in their work to develop an overall strategy and be responsible for the communication of this to stakeholders.
We seek a Coordinator with a PhD in medicine or natural sciences, who like to devote 50-100% to support the launch of a SciLifeLab strategy for molecular precision medicine, and capabilities in this field. SciLifeLab will compensate the host department of the selected candidate with a fixed sum as support for the assignment during 2022, with possibility for extension. The main tasks will be to coordinate and communicate the actions of the Scientific Lead towards stakeholders such as all SciLifeLab platforms, DDLS, Genome Medicine Sweden, health care, industry and other stakeholders.
The call is launched on January 17th, and the deadline for applications is on February 14th . Selection process and interview with top candidates will take place February-March.
We expect the ideal candidate to have:
- Interest and ability to devote at least 50% of full time to support and communicate the launch of the PM capability program.
- An existing appointment at any Swedish university.
- Documented skills in both written and oral communication
- Experience on academic administration
- Deep interest in molecular precision medicine
- Proven record of good written and oral Swedish and English
- A relevant, established network within Swedish and international academia, healthcare or industry
We also value
- Interest to promote and communicate the national view of Molecular Precision Medicine
- Ability to network and bring scientists, health care and industry representatives together
- Ability to generate relevant content for digital and social media
- Great organizational skills and careful execution of tasks
- An exciting environment, working with the entire SciLifeLab organization and major national stakeholders, such as universities, health care, industry, and funding agencies
- An important national function
- Opportunity to interact across the nation, in collaboration with major research programs, such as DDLS
- A unique opportunity to bring users, health care and platforms and data experts together
Please apply via through the form below. The call opens on January 17 and closes on February 14.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter (0,5-1 page) summarizing your personal motivations for this assignment, as well as education, experience etc. that make you a strong candidate for this position, and your present role and position in your organization,
- Short description (max 1 A4 page) of initial ideas and plans on how you would support the building of a communication platform and help to coordinate precision medicine at SciLifeLab
- CV of a maximum of 5 pages
Please feel free to contact us on: email@example.com