1st cryoNET course on advanced single particle cryo-EM analysis
June 5 @ 08:00 – June 9 @ 17:00 CEST
CryoNet is a Nordic network in cryogenic electron microscopy that aims to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing across national borders. A main goal is to help establish state-of-the-art cryogenic electron microscopy as a strong pillar of Nordic life science research.
The core of the network is constituted by the cryo-EM facilities at University of Copenhagen, Aarhus University, Stockholm University and Umeå University.
We are happy to announce the 1st cryoNET course on advanced single particle cryo-EM analysis that will take place at Aarhus University on 5-9 June 2023. Aim of the course is to provide training in cryo-EM image processing including the latest developments of the field.
Participants will receive hands-on training in state-of-the-art techniques for single particle cryo-EM image processing, model building and validation from a range of international specialist guest lecturers. The course also includes theoretical talks and discussions on the use of cryo-EM to address difficult biological questions, which can help the participants address their own research problems.
Participation in the entire course is mandatory and an attendance certificate will be given at the end of the course.
- To provide training in state-of-the-art techniques for structure determination using cryo-EM
- Discuss data collection strategies
- Training in basic principles of structure determination using cryo-EM
- Hands-on practical training in the latest software suites for image processing of electron micrographs for high resolution structure determination
- Develop problem solving skills through discussions and practical sessions in the presence of international experts in the field
- Networking with experts, software developers, and researchers in cryo-EM and learn of not only the latest but also upcoming developments
- Application and selection
Course fee payment deadline: 2 May 2023
The registration fee: 1000 DKK and includes
- Attendance in the course 5-9 June 2023
- Lunches, coffee and refreshments on the course dates
- Course materials
- Certificate of attendance
- Course dinner on second night of the course (arranged by the course hosts in Aarhus city)
Please note, the registration fee does not cover hotel, travel expenses, breakfasts, and dinners (expect the course dinner second night)
- Knut & Alice Wallenberg Foundation
- Novo Nordisk Foundation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thomas Boesen, Aarhus University
Karin Walldén, Stockholm University
Marta Carroni, Stockholm University
Karen Bech-Pedersen, Aarhus University
Jesper Lykkegaard Karlsen, Aarhus University
Andreas Bøggild, Aarhus University