KTH Data-driven Life Science Fellow Candidate Seminars
March 8 @ 09:30 – 17:00 CET
These public presentations are linked to the recruitment of two tenure-track assistant professor positions in data-driven life science (DDLS) at KTH Royal Institute of Technology: “Data-driven Precision Medicine and Diagnostics” at the Department of Protein Science, School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health, and “Data-driven Cell and Molecular Biology” at the Department of Applied Physics, School of Engineering Sciences.
The presentations are given by the invited applicants for the corresponding positions. Each presentation is 25 min followed by 5 min Q&A.
Meeting ID: 686 6993 7651
09:30-11:45 – Presentations by invited candidates to the position within data-driven precision medicine and diagnostics
Host: Cecilia Williams, Head Department of Protein Science, School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health, KTH.
- 9:30 – Welcome by Cecilia Williams, Head of Department, KTH
- 9:40 – Presentation by Fredrik Edfors, KTH “Next-generation precision medicine: Proteomic data-integration in a new era of preventive medicine”
- 10:10 – Presentation by Cheng Zhang, KTH“Application of systems biology in drug development for NAFLD”
- 10:40 – Presentation by Fabian Froehlich, Harvard Medical School “Dynamic Models for Data-Driven Drug Sensitivity Prediction”
- 11:10 – Presentation by Md Saifur Rahman Khan, University of Toronto“Unbiased data analytics and bioinformatics for drug discovery
13:30-14:30 – Public presentations by candidates to the positions within data-driven precision medicine and diagnostics and data-driven cell and molecular biology
Host: Lucie Delemotte, Associate Professor, Department of Applied Physics, School of Engineering Sciences, KTH.
- 13:30 – Presentation by Wei Ouyang, KTH“Towards AI-powered Data-driven Whole-cell Modeling”
- 14:00 – Presentation by Rocío Mercado, Massachusetts Institute of Technology “Data-driven therapeutics development: from de novo drug design to precision medicine applications”
14:30-16:30 – Public presentations by candidates the position within data-driven cell and molecular biology
Host: Lucie Delemotte, Associate Professor at Department of Applied Physics, School of Engineering Sciences, KTH.
- 14:30 – Presentation by Björn Forsberg, Oxford University“Cell-surface receptor function by cryo-EM: more than a structure”.
- 15:00 – Presentation by Robin Lindsay, Uppsala University“Cellular motility and function within tissues: what causes it to change and how can this help us?”
- 15:30 – Presentation by David Unnersjö-Jess, University Hospital of Cologne “Automated Quantitative Analysis of High-resolution Microscopy Data for Biomedical Applications”
- 16:00 – Presentation by Jens Magnusson, Stanford University “Data-driven multi-gene regulation for precision cell engineering”