Raising our Voices – Vol. 3
September 30 @ 17:00 – 18:00 UTC
On Volume 3 of our Raising our Voices events we will discuss the diversity on science that goes beyond the visible. Renuka Kudva (project coordinator at NGI, speaker) and Rebecca Howard (moderator) will discuss how to increase visibility of underrepresented identities in the SciLifeLab community and amplify the discussion on diversity, equality and inclusion topics.
- 5 min – Welcome from DEI-SLL host: Alejandro
- 10 min – Personal narrative with slides: Renuka
- 15 min – Dialogue with prepared questions: Reba & Renuka
- 25 min – Moderated audience questions: Reba & Renuka
- 5 min – Thanks, contact reminders, upcoming announcements: Alejandro
Renuka Kudva, PhD
Project Coordinator, NGI
I’m currently a Project Coordinator at NGI after a research career in the wet lab during my PhD and postdoc. I’ll cover my inspiration to study biology, my experience navigating a research career as an immigrant scientist with an unseen disability, how impostor syndrome can sometimes be a good thing, and why I think science communication is closely intertwined with diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Host: Alejandro Rodríguez Gijón
Moderator: Rebecca Howard