RNA-seq data analysis ONLINE
November 15 @ 08:00 – November 19 @ 17:00 CET
This workshop will introduce the best practice bioinformatics methods for processing and analyses of RNA-seq data via a series of online lectures and computer practicals. The workshop will be held online.
Application open: August 27, 2021
Application deadline: October 15, 2021
Johan Reimegård, Julie Lorent
Contact information for questions regarding the course
This online workshop has no fee. However, if you accept a position and do not participate you will be invoiced* 1300 kr
*Please note that NBIS cannot invoice individuals
Topics covered will include:
- RNA seq introduction
- RNA seq read mapping programs
- RNA seq QC analysis
- Differential expression analysis
- Gene set enrichment analysis
More details about the course can be found at the previous year’s webpage
The course will follow similar structure and topics.
Required for being able to follow the course and complete the computer exercises:
- Basic knowledge in Linux and R
- Steady and fast internet connection to be able to follow the workshop.
- Your own laptop with the following specs:
- At least 6 GB of RAM.
- Operating system Win10, OS X or Linux
- At least 30 GB of free storage
- Experience working with NGS data analysis or completed the NBIS workshop “Introduction to Bioinformatics using NGS data”
- Experience working in R or completed the NBIS course “R Programming Foundations for Life Scientists”
Due to our best practise to have a high teacher to student ratio we have set the number of participants to a maximum of 20 participants. If we receive more applications, participants will be selected based on several criteria. Selection criteria include correct entry requirements, motivation to attend the course as well as gender and geographical balance.