Subtomogram averaging workshop for cryo electron tomography
October 25, 2023 @ 08:00 – October 27, 2023 @ 13:00 CEST
Cryoelectron tomography is anemerging field in structural biology. We are happy to announce that we are hosting a Subtomogram averaging workshop for cryo electron tomography, taking place on 25-27 October 2023 at Stockholm University.
The aim of the course is to provide training in Subtomogram averagingusing e.g. Dynamo and Relion4 including the latest developments of the field.
The workshop provides hands-on training in all practical aspects of tomography and sub-tomogram averaging using the Dynamo software, encompassing all stages of the pipeline: alignment and reconstruction of tilt series, tomogram visualization and archiving, particle selection and extraction, and subtomogram alignment, averaging, refinement and classification. No previous experience is required. Computing infrastructure will be provided in place, and we welcome participants to bring their own data sets to work on them during this two-day course.
Participants will be selected on the basis of applications that describe their current research projects and plans. Priority will be given to participants that are currently processing their own cryo-ET data and are users of the SciLifeLab cryo-EM facilities.
Deadline for application: 15 September 2023
Notification: Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 20 September 2023
Course fee payment deadline: 30 September 2023
The registration fee: 1000 SEK and includes
- Attendance in the course 25-27 October 2023
- Lunches, coffee and refreshments on the course dates
- Course materials
- Certificate of attendance
- Course dinner on first night of the course
Please note, the registration fee does not cover hotel, travel expenses, breakfasts, and dinners (expect the course dinner second night)
The course content can be found here
As a general guideline, we will cover:
- Alignment and reconstruction of tilt series.
- Manual and automated particle picking in different geometries (filaments, membranes, isolated particles…).
- Archiving and cataloguing of tilt series, tomograms and annotations.
- Creation of subtomogram averaging projects.
- Advanced tools in subtomogram averaging.
- Classification methods.
- Creation of 3d scenes.
- Scripting in Dynamo: gentle introduction to programming.
Computer room at KÖL, Stockholm University
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Computer room at KÖL, K343
Stockholm University, Svante Arrhenius väg 16C
Seminar room in building gamma 2, Air&Fire