Uppsala University Pharmaceutical Profiling in Drug Discovery and Development Symposium
January 19, 2023 @ 08:00 – 17:00 CET
Every year, the Drug Delivery group at the Department of Pharmacy (headed by Prof. Per Artursson, Prof. Christel Bergström and Dr. Pawel Baranczewski) organizes a one-day symposium on pharmaceutical profiling. On January 19th, 2023, the 12th Uppsala University Pharmaceutical Profiling in Drug Discovery and Development Symposium will be arranged.
This twelfth edition of the symposium will focus on new modalities with respect to their development and formulation to overcome biological barriers and achieve targeted therapies. Past symposia have been highly attended by faculty and students at Uppsala University and other Swedish and international universities, as well as by researchers from the local biotech and pharma industry and from regulatory agencies.
Previous keynote speakers included among others Prof. Langer (MIT), Prof. Alonso (USC CIMUS Research Institute), Prof. Porter (Monash University), Prof. Leroux (ETH Zürich) and Dr. Hochman (Merck). The symposia provide excellent opportunities for academia-industry networking and for scientific discussions on current research at our platform for drug optimization and pharmaceutical profiling as well as in the Drug Delivery research group at the Department of Pharmacy.
This year’s confirmed speakers and the titles of their talks:
- Prof. Olivia Merkel (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany): Treatment of lung diseases via siRNA inhalation delivery
- Prof. Paola Luciani (University of Bern, Switzerland): Targeting fibrosis in multiple organs via lipid-based drug delivery systems
- Prof. Ola Söderberg (Uppsala University, Sweden): Development of novel molecular biology tools for medical research
- Assist. Prof. Daniel Fürth (Uppsala University, Sweden): A chemoselective in vivo sequencing chemistry
- Prof. Yvonne Perrie (University of Strathclyde, Scotland): Formulation strategies for the delivery of mRNA vaccines
- Prof. My Hedhammar (KTH Royal Institute of Technology/Spiber Technologies AB, Sweden): FN-silk membrane as mimic of basement membrane in tissue barrier models
- Assoc. Prof. Daniel Espes (Uppsala University, Sweden): Novel imaging techniques and drugs for targeting human pancreatic islets
- Prof. Per I Arvidsson (Karolinska Institutet, Sweden): Explorations and innovations at the academia-industry interface – tales from the SciLifeLab DDD infrastructure
- Prof. Jens Carlsson (Uppsala University, Sweden): Antiviral drug discovery by virtual screening of ultra-large chemical libraries
There will also be a panel discussion about “Impact of European drug delivery science”, led by Dr. Björn Arvidsson.
- Drug Delivery group, Uppsala University